About the Book
The book describes five forms of anger:
- the one constructive, protective form of anger: Assertive anger
- two angers that stifle personal power
- two angers that are used to bully, manipulate, and control.
By fortifying your Assertive anger, you’ll be able to identify and challenge hurtful and harmful treatment. Ignite Your Power: Unmasking the Five Faces of Anger can awaken that which is already within you.
Sarah’s caring nature and her longing for a loving, intact family pushed her to meet their needs at the expense of her own. In her forties, feeling anxious and depressed but not wanting medication, she wanted to change – to be heard, to feel safe, and to prevent hurtful treatment. But how? With clinical psychologist Eve Dyer, Sarah heals her emotional wounds and learns to recognise harmful behaviours. She then develops skills and strategies to combat those who mistreat her. Your journey to empower yourself starts where you are now, with this insightful and practical book as your guide.
Discover how you can:
- Identify the five forms of anger and their purpose
- Replace restrictive beliefs that disempower you
- Strengthen nine capabilities to activate your Assertive anger
- Develop skills and strategies to combat unwanted treatment
- Use your personal power to reshape your life.