Eve Dyer Consulting Pty Ltd – Privacy Statement
We are committed to the protection of your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (C’th) (Act).
This policy sets out how we collect, use, manage and store your personal information.
Where applicable, we will rely on applicable exemptions in other relevant legislation.
- What is personal information?
1.1 ‘Personal information’ is defined in the Act. Essentially, it means information from which your identity is reasonably apparent. This information may include information or an opinion about you (whether true or not) and may also include sensitive information.
1.2 ‘Sensitive information’ is any information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional, or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record or health information. We will not ask you to disclose sensitive information unless it is necessary for providing our services to you. However, if you elect to provide unsolicited sensitive information it may be captured and stored.
- What personal information we collect
2.1 The kinds of personal information that we collect or hold may include your:
- contact details (including postal address, email address and telephone numbers)
- payment information (including credit card details).
- How we collect personal information
3.1 We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- in the course of conducting our services
- correspondence and telephone calls
- if you contact us in person or through social media (such as LinkedIn and Facebook)
- from publicly available sources of information.
- Purposes of collection, use and disclosure
4.1 We collect, use and disclose personal information for the purpose of conducting our operations and providing our services, which include:
- verifying your identity when you deal with us
- direct marketing to promote our or third parties’ goods or services to you, including by mail, telephone, email, SMS or targeted digital marketing [you may contact us at any time to unsubscribe from direct marketing]
4.2 We may also collect, use and disclose your personal information:
- for purposes which should be reasonably expected by you and are related to the above purposes;
- for other purposes to which you have consented; and
- as otherwise authorised or required by law
4.3 We may disclose personal information as follows for the above purposes:
- to outsourced service providers who assist us in the delivery of some of the services you receive, by providing functions such as:
- mailing systems
- information technology services
- conference organising
- to other providers of services to us (for example, our insurers)
- to our professional advisers, including auditors
- to government authorities, as required or authorised by law
- where you otherwise provide your consent, whether express or implied
- where otherwise required or permitted by law
4.4 Where practical, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that third parties to whom we disclose your personal information have a commitment to protecting your personal information at least equal to our commitment or are subject to confidentiality requirements in relation to that information or you have consented to us making the disclosure.
- Overseas disclosure
Some of the third parties to whom we may disclose your personal information may operate globally and be located or based outside Australia (including the USA) so that they can provide us with services in connection with the operation of our business, such as marketing services, survey tools and data storage. The use of such third party providers, where appropriate, may nevertheless be subject to further internal policies and protocols to better ensure that your privacy is protected.
- Storage and security of personal information
7.1 We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is secure and may only be accessed by authorised persons.
- Access and correction
8.1 We strive to keep accurate, complete and up-to-date records of the personal information we collect, so far as practical. Accuracy depends on the information provided to us. If you wish to query the accuracy of personal information held about you or update that information may contact the Director as set out below.
8.2 You have a right to seek access to your personal information held by us and that right extends to correction of the information if it is inaccurate, out-of-date or incomplete. To seek access to your personal information, please contact the Director of Eve Dyer Consulting Pty Ltd as set out below.
8.3 If we are unable to provide you with access to or correction of your personal information, we will provide you with a written notice that sets out the reasons for our decision and mechanisms available to you to lodge a complaint.
8.4 All requests for access and/or correction of personal information are subject to verification of the identity of the person making the request.
- Questions and complaints
If you have any questions in relation to how we handle personal information, or wish to lodge a complaint about our management of personal information or a request for access to or correction of your personal information, please contact the Director of Eve Dyer Consulting Pty Ltd at:
Postal: PO Box 10, Redcliffe, Queensland, 4020
Email: [email protected]
The Director will co-ordinate the investigation of any complaint and any potential resolution of a complaint. We will aim to resolve all complaints as soon as practicable.
- Changes to this Policy
Last updated: March 2020